I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part two again today at Imax.
- There were no assholes talking
- Screen was bigger
- The 3D effect was way better
- There really wasn’t a community feel like there was with the midnight screening. No one cheered or clapped or cried together. There was just silence. There was the odd sniffle (myself included- I cried 2000x more the second time around than the first) but there wasn’t any cheering at the awesome bits which was disappointing.
- No one dressed up! To be fair, neither did I, but I really enjoyed seeing costumes at the midnight screening!
- It didn’t feel special. It felt like we were all just watching a regular movie. The audience really.. sucked :\ (the movie was still absolute perfection the second time around though)
All in all, I had a really awesome experience watching the movie but nothing will beat the experience of the midnight session. We were all in sync with each other- we all clapped and yelled and cheered together. We all had the same level of excitement and enthusiasm. And the thrill of running into that theatre (yes, we ran. and I actually fell over LOLOL) as soon as 12am hit- it was indescribable. I honestly had one of the best nights of my life watching that movie and I hold that entire experience so close to my heart.
Midnight session > Imax